Upcoming Key Macro Events
- Spending bill deadline April 28, 2017 Republicans and Democrats agreed in late 2015 on a budget deal to increase some spending for two years to fund the government and avoid a shutdown and debt default. However Congress still needs to come up with a spending bill within those parameters by April 28
- Treasury Semiannual report on on International Economic and Exchange Rate Policies April 28, 2017
- Gov't shutdown deadline April 29, 2017
- EU summit to discuss Brexit April 29, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy May 2, 2017 – May 3, 2017
- French presidential election (run off) May 6, 2017
- South Korean special presidential election May 9, 2017
- (TENT): G7 finance ministers meet in Puglia May 15, 2017 Puglia
- OPEC meeting in Vienna May 25, 2017 Vienna Saudi Arabia has expressed support for maintaining production cuts.
- 43rd G7 Summit in Sicily, Italy May 25, 2017
- (TENT) Article 50 negotiations to begin June 1, 2017 Mrs. May’s letter will pave the way for Britain to leave by March 2019
- D-day anniversary June 4, 2017 at 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm 1944
- UK general election June 8, 2017
- 1st Round French Parliament vote June 11, 2017
- Phillippines Independence Day June 12, 2017 Does Rodrigo Duterte visit one of the disputed South China Sea islands, Pag-asa, to celebrate?
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* June 13, 2017 – June 14, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- 2nd Round French Parliament vote June 18, 2017
- Georgia's 6th District special runoff election June 20, 2017
- TENT: U.S. Commerce Department Trade deficit report June 30, 2017
- (TENT): Deadline for Greek debt payment (IMF review) July 1, 2017
- TENT Thaad deployed in South Korea?? July 1, 2017 South Korea??
- G20 Summit in Germany July 7, 2017 – July 8, 2017 Do Trump and Putin meet?
- TENT: 100-day trade investigation China/U.S. due July 20, 2017 During their visit at Mar-a-lago, Chinese officials instigated a “100-day plan” on trade between it and the U.S. to include “way-stations of accomplishment.”
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy July 25, 2017 – July 26, 2017
- (TENT) Xiangshan military forum August 31, 2017
- (TENT) Catalan Referendum for independence August 31, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* September 19, 2017 – September 20, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- German Bundestag elections September 24, 2017
- (TENT) U.S. Gov't Spending Bill due September 30, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy October 31, 2017 – November 1, 2017
- China's Singles Day November 11, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* December 12, 2017 – December 13, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- (TENT) Italian National Elections January 1, 2018
- Fed: Yellen's term expires February 3, 2018
- Chair Yellen's term ends (if not reappointed) February 3, 2018
- Fed: Lockhart (Centrist to slighly dovish) retires? February 28, 2018
- Fed: Fischer's term expires June 12, 2018
- Austrian general election due by Sept 2018 September 1, 2018
Tag Archives: US
Good morning, Below are the asset allocation implications from my recently published macro commentary piece. — Rodrigo
Good evening, Below is a concise 2-page report recapping economic data from the U.S., Europe, and Asia released in February. My next report will cover recent geopolitical events (Ukraine; droughts in South Asia, etc.) Highlights: Investors are interpreting worsening economic … Continue reading
Hello there, I was told that having an executive summary of my extensive macro outlook, written at the turn of the year (check 2 posts below), would be more effective in communicating my thoughts on what lies ahead in the … Continue reading
Good Morning, This report concisely summarizes the important macro events that occurred in October. A more extensive time-horizon is required to avoid costly psychological traps, which all investors are prone to, such as representative (sample size neglect) and availability biases. … Continue reading
Here’s a concise synopsis of the major macroeconomic events that occurred this past week.