Upcoming Key Macro Events
- (TENT) Article 50 negotiations to begin June 1, 2017 Mrs. May’s letter will pave the way for Britain to leave by March 2019
- Election for State of Mexico June 4, 2017
- D-day anniversary June 4, 2017 at 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm 1944
- Deadline for U.S. Mexican sugar dispute June 5, 2017
- Brazilian Electoral Court rules on Dilma-Temer ticket June 6, 2017
- UK general election June 8, 2017
- 1st Round French Parliament vote June 11, 2017
- Phillippines Independence Day June 12, 2017 Does Rodrigo Duterte visit one of the disputed South China Sea islands, Pag-asa, to celebrate?
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* June 13, 2017 – June 14, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- 2nd Round French Parliament vote June 18, 2017
- Brexit talks begin? June 19, 2017
- Georgia's 6th District special runoff election June 20, 2017
- Deadline for notification of participation in Obamacare exchanges in 2018 June 21, 2017 Obamacare exchanges in 2018
- TENT: U.S. Commerce Department Trade deficit report June 30, 2017
- TENT: Deadline for National Security review on core industries June 30, 2017 Ross, the US commerce secretary, promised to wrap up the special investigation by the end of June.
- TENT Thaad deployed in South Korea?? July 1, 2017 South Korea??
- (TENT): Deadline for Greek debt payment (IMF review) July 1, 2017
- G20 Summit in Germany July 7, 2017 – July 8, 2017 Do Trump and Putin meet?
- TENT: 100-day trade investigation China/U.S. due July 20, 2017 During their visit at Mar-a-lago, Chinese officials instigated a “100-day plan” on trade between it and the U.S. to include “way-stations of accomplishment.”
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy July 25, 2017 – July 26, 2017
- Last Congressional Business day before August Recess July 28, 2017
- TENT: Decision to proceed on suit regarding legality of Obamacare Gov't Subsidies August 21, 2017
- (TENT) Catalan Referendum for independence August 31, 2017
- (TENT) Xiangshan military forum August 31, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* September 19, 2017 – September 20, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- German Bundestag elections September 24, 2017
- (TENT) U.S. Gov't Spending Bill due September 30, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy October 31, 2017 – November 1, 2017
- China's Singles Day November 11, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* December 12, 2017 – December 13, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- (TENT) Italian National Elections January 1, 2018
- Fed: Yellen's term expires February 3, 2018
- Chair Yellen's term ends (if not reappointed) February 3, 2018
- Fed: Lockhart (Centrist to slighly dovish) retires? February 28, 2018
- Fed: Fischer's term expires June 12, 2018
- Austrian general election due by Sept 2018 September 1, 2018
Category Archives: Random Thoughts
Hello cherished readership, A quick update on myself. I’m interning at Fitch Ratings for their Sovereign Ratings Group, focused on LATAM. I’m looking forward to this wonderful opportunity to build on my independent research at RCS Investments and Rational Capitalist Speculator. To … Continue reading
Today’s world is highly interconnected. The inexorable drive towards globalization; exemplified by a proliferation of international trade agreements; exponential advances in technology and resulting productivity, epitomized by internet-on-demand and seamless interconnectivity in global supply chains, a few of many examples; … Continue reading
– Monti under fire as crisis deepens – Tankan Survey Dips – Here are some bearish thoughts – Sentiment Update +- Technicals and Economic Data Ahead + Midwest Manufacturing is Booming + Manufacturing Remains Healthy —————————————
The macro picture remains ambiguous. Outperformance from the U.S economy and the prospect of worldwide loosening monetary policy remains counterbalanced with a worsening Eurozone crisis and a slowing global economy. This confluence of factors will likely yield increased volatility as … Continue reading
Overall, U.S. economic activity remains positive. The primary debate among investors centers around a possible U.S. decoupling and positive U.S. equity market performance as a result. I remain very cautious and admonish against piling bullish bets in the S&P 500.
Good Afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving, Risk markets are losing their patience. The Eurozone situation is approaching a major climax. This is by far the most important story to follow in the coming days and weeks. U.S. Economic data has been … Continue reading