Upcoming Key Macro Events
- (TENT) IMF to make decision on Greek aid February 28, 2017
- Trump State of the Union address February 28, 2017
- (TENT) EU integration Finale Summit in Rome March 1, 2017 Rome
- UK: Article 50 to be triggered by March 2017 March 1, 2017 March 2017
- ECB Meeting - extension to QE? March 9, 2017
- (TENT) Trump submits formal budget March 13, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* March 14, 2017 – March 15, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- Netherlands general election March 15, 2017
- Debt limit forecast to get hit. March 16, 2017
- (TENT) Tarullo, Fed Governor set to resign April 5, 2017
- US: Budget resolution technically due. April 15, 2017
- (TENT): Duterte visits Moscow (April or May) April 15, 2017
- French Presidential election (1st round) April 23, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy May 2, 2017 – May 3, 2017
- French presidential election (run off) May 6, 2017
- 43rd G7 Summit in Sicily, Italy May 25, 2017
- D-day anniversary June 4, 2017 at 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm 1944
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* June 13, 2017 – June 14, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- TENT Thaad deployed in South Korea?? July 1, 2017 South Korea??
- (TENT): Deadline for Greek debt payment (IMF review) July 1, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy July 25, 2017 – July 26, 2017
- (TENT) Xiangshan military forum August 31, 2017
- (TENT) Catalan Referendum for independence August 31, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* September 19, 2017 – September 20, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- German Bundestag elections September 24, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy October 31, 2017 – November 1, 2017
- China's Singles Day November 11, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* December 12, 2017 – December 13, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- (TENT) Italian National Elections January 1, 2018
- Chair Yellen's term ends (if not reappointed) February 3, 2018
- Fed: Yellen's term expires February 3, 2018
- Fed: Lockhart (Centrist to slighly dovish) retires? February 28, 2018
- Fed: Fischer's term expires June 12, 2018
- Austrian general election due by Sept 2018 September 1, 2018
Category Archives: Random Thoughts
Hello cherished readership, A quick update on myself. I’m interning at Fitch Ratings for their Sovereign Ratings Group, focused on LATAM. I’m looking forward to this wonderful opportunity to build on my independent research at RCS Investments and Rational Capitalist Speculator. To … Continue reading
Today’s world is highly interconnected. The inexorable drive towards globalization; exemplified by a proliferation of international trade agreements; exponential advances in technology and resulting productivity, epitomized by internet-on-demand and seamless interconnectivity in global supply chains, a few of many examples; … Continue reading
– Monti under fire as crisis deepens – Tankan Survey Dips – Here are some bearish thoughts – Sentiment Update +- Technicals and Economic Data Ahead + Midwest Manufacturing is Booming + Manufacturing Remains Healthy —————————————
The macro picture remains ambiguous. Outperformance from the U.S economy and the prospect of worldwide loosening monetary policy remains counterbalanced with a worsening Eurozone crisis and a slowing global economy. This confluence of factors will likely yield increased volatility as … Continue reading
Overall, U.S. economic activity remains positive. The primary debate among investors centers around a possible U.S. decoupling and positive U.S. equity market performance as a result. I remain very cautious and admonish against piling bullish bets in the S&P 500.
Good Afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving, Risk markets are losing their patience. The Eurozone situation is approaching a major climax. This is by far the most important story to follow in the coming days and weeks. U.S. Economic data has been … Continue reading