In order to get more organized, I will begin publishing “Upcoming & Recaps of Economic Indicators” on my instablog, while on this weblog I will post articles concerning my thesis and more in-depth economic analysis to support it.
The link to my instablog can be found here, however, you may also access it via the main page on the left-hand side (red shaded box).
Thanks for your continued support.
Upcoming Key Macro Events
- NAFTA talks in Ottawa September 23, 2017 – September 27, 2017 Ottawa Contentious issues, such as Mexican wages, local content rules and the U.S. trade deficit would be addressed in those sessions = Key meeting.
- French President outlines plan for EU integration September 26, 2017
- Soft deadline for firm contours of Tax reform September 29, 2017
- U.S. Gov't Spending Bill due September 30, 2017
- Deadline for Debt Ceiling increase September 30, 2017
- In Spain, Catalonia Referendum October 1, 2017 Spain, Catalonia Referendum
- (TENT): EU Summit (end of Phase 1 of Brexit talks: soft deadline) October 1, 2017
- CBO estimates US Gov't runs out of cash Early to mid-October October 2, 2017
- (TENT): Brexit talks resume October 7, 2017
- (TENT): China's 19th Party Congress to meet October 14, 2017
- China: Leadership transition to 19th Congress begins October 18, 2017
- (TENT): Target date for completion of budget w/inx for tax reform October 20, 2017
- Japanese snap election October 22, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy October 31, 2017 – November 1, 2017
- China's Singles Day November 11, 2017
- Deadline for tariff decision on solar manufacturing November 13, 2017
- Deadline to determine status of Canadian Softwood tariffs announced no later than Nov 14 November 14, 2017
- (TENT) Debt ceiling deadline December 8, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* December 12, 2017 – December 13, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- Gov't funding deadline (shutdown if not passed) December 15, 2017
- (TENT) Italian National Elections January 1, 2018
- Chair Yellen's term ends (if not reappointed) February 3, 2018
- Fed: Yellen's term expires February 3, 2018
- Fed: Lockhart (Centrist to slighly dovish) retires? February 28, 2018
- D-day anniversary June 4, 2018 at 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm 1944
- Fed: Fischer's term expires June 12, 2018
- Austrian general election due by Sept 2018 September 1, 2018
- (TENT) Xiangshan military forum September 30, 2018
- Draghi term at ECB ends October 31, 2019 ECB ends
- Term of Jean-Claude Juncker, Head the European commission, ends October 31, 2019