In order to get more organized, I will begin publishing “Upcoming & Recaps of Economic Indicators” on my instablog, while on this weblog I will post articles concerning my thesis and more in-depth economic analysis to support it.
The link to my instablog can be found here, however, you may also access it via the main page on the left-hand side (red shaded box).
Thanks for your continued support.
Upcoming Key Macro Events
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy July 25, 2017 – July 26, 2017
- Brazil's lower house to decide on Temer's trial before Supreme Court (on 1 corruption charge) August 2, 2017
- Last Congressional Business day before amended August Recess August 11, 2017
- NAFTA negotiations begin. August 17, 2017
- TENT: Decision to proceed on suit regarding legality of Obamacare Gov't Subsidies August 21, 2017
- (TENT) Xiangshan military forum August 31, 2017
- (TENT) Catalan Referendum for independence August 31, 2017
- ECB monetary policy meeting September 7, 2017 – September 8, 2017 Expectations are for announcement winding down of stimulus.
- Deadline to determine status of Canadian Softwood tariffs announced on June 26 September 7, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* September 19, 2017 – September 20, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- German Bundestag elections September 24, 2017
- Preliminary duty ruling due on Boeing vs. Bombardier September 25, 2017
- Soft deadline for firm contours of Tax reform September 29, 2017
- (TENT) U.S. Gov't Spending Bill due September 30, 2017
- (TENT): EU Summit (end of Phase 1 of Brexit talks: soft deadline) October 1, 2017
- In Spain, Catalonia Referendum October 1, 2017 Spain, Catalonia Referendum
- CBO estimates US Gov't runs out of cash Early to mid-October October 2, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy October 31, 2017 – November 1, 2017
- China's Singles Day November 11, 2017
- FOMC meets on interest rate policy* December 12, 2017 – December 13, 2017 Summary of Economic Projections and a press conference by the Chair.
- (TENT) Italian National Elections January 1, 2018
- Chair Yellen's term ends (if not reappointed) February 3, 2018
- Fed: Yellen's term expires February 3, 2018
- Fed: Lockhart (Centrist to slighly dovish) retires? February 28, 2018
- D-day anniversary June 4, 2018 at 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm 1944
- Fed: Fischer's term expires June 12, 2018
- Austrian general election due by Sept 2018 September 1, 2018
- Draghi term at ECB ends October 31, 2019 ECB ends
- Term of Jean-Claude Juncker, Head the European commission, ends October 31, 2019